Thursday 25 September 2008

Unplanned Trip to Costa Rica


So here I am again. Due to some business issues I have had to make an impromtu trip to Costa Rica. Poor, poor me.

I had a great flight in, with just enough storm activity to have some swooping and diving into the airport as we dodged the most crazy of the clouds. It was like a high altitude roller coaster ride! Although I don't think the lady in the seat next to me saw it in quite the same way.

Most of yesterday was spent visiting with our Costa Rican business partner Ruth, who lives in San Jose, and planning some of the most important itinerary items for the trip, like the Sushi party tomorrow, for example.

We bought a new super-duper scanner/printer/fax machine after our visit, not really paying attention to the fact that delaying our stay in San Jose to do so would mean driving through the city during rush hour. And getting completely lost. Now THAT was an adventure I would rather not repeat - far more scary than the thunderstorms. But we did make it out of San Jose eventually, despite some of the streets we drove down where Geoff rolled up the windows, locked the doors and didn't ever come to a complete stop. Every day is a new adventure.

So this will basically be a business trip, although we do have some fun planned as well. I will try and keep you all up to date as I go. I will leave you with this, Geoff found this new fruit at the grocery store for us to try. He calls it a Gropefruit. I'm not sure why.

No comments: